Saturday, May 30, 2015

Firehouses Abroad

Hi blog followers! It's been awhile but you know how it is-life moves pretty fast and sometimes it is hard to keep up with things. I recently was able to enjoy a family vacation abroad in Grand Cayman, somehow with all of the sun and beautiful views I found a few moments to stop and visit briefly one of the three firehouses that are located on the island. 
This particular firehouse is the Frank Sound Fire Station, and happily the trucks were out when I stopped by.



Left side view of the station below. I think we parked illegally on the side of the road here to get this shot. 




Below a closeup of one of the trucks, here is Rescue 2




Loved walking inside the bays to spot this.




The crew on duty inside were welcoming, and as they didn't have a patch on hand, they very generously gave me one of their older firehouse shirts to take home with me. Thank you to the guys there-it was nice of you and I was thrilled to have it (by the way, it fits perfectly!) 

Smiling firehouse crew-who wouldn't be happy to work on one of the most beautiful islands in Cayman?








A fantastic quick visit-I only wish I had more time to stop at the other two firehouses while I was on the island. 


But, the sun and sand was calling us to head north to Rum Point.




One of the most photographed docks on Grand Cayman-it is easy to see why everyone loves to take photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment